Skip to main content

Here a Book, There a Book

Once upon a time my life’s goal was to read every book in the library. I was devastated when I realized that was impossible.

I’m still trying to read as many as as I can, though. I rely on lists of books to keep my own “To Be Read” list current and full of titles from many genres.

I subscribe to the Shelf Awareness news via Old Firehouse Books in Fort Collins, CO. You can sign up for their newsletter at the bottom of the web page.

The lists of new releases from Mystery Writers of America each month is excellent. The list is published on the website.

International Thriller Writers does the same in their newsletter. You can sign up even if you’re not a member.

For more book lists in all genres, a simple Google search turned up these sites for May.

My personal favorite is the monthly blog post from Lesa’s Book Critiques where she describes the month’s treasures in her closet. With cover art and short synopses, this librarian/book reviewer gives a sneak peek at upcoming releases, mostly mysteries.



Pat (Patricia) Stoltey is the author of four novels published by Five Star/Cengage: two amateur sleuth, one thriller that was a finalist for a Colorado Book Award in 2015, and the historical mystery Wishing Caswell Dead (December 20, 2017), a finalist for the 2018 Colorado Book Awards. This novel is now available in a large print edition, ebook and trade paperback. Her short story, “Good Work for a Girl,” appeared in the Five Star Anthology, The Spoilt Quilt and Other Frontier Stories: Pioneering Women of the West, released in November 2019.

Pat lives in Northern Colorado with her husband Bill, Scottish Terrier Sassy, and brown tabby Katie Cat).

You can learn more about Pat at her website/blog, on Facebook, and Twitter. She was interviewed for the Colorado Sun’s SunLit feature that you can find at the Colorado Sun website.

Comments

  1. I love this list, Pat. Thank you for sharing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could read books as fast as I add titles to my TBR list!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I always had that goal as well, to read every book in the library. I was so disappointed, like you were, Patricia, when I learned that new books were published all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lesa! We may not reach our first reading goal, but we certainly can make a dent in the list.

      Delete
  3. Youthful goals crash and burn again.

    If I had all of the books on my TBR list, I'd be classified as a hoarder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Blood-Red Pencil is a blog focusing on editing and writing advice. If a glitch is preventing you from commenting, visit our Facebook page and drop your wise words there: Blood-Red Pencil on Facebook