Reading a new book in a beloved series is like settling down with a nice cuppa to chat with an old friend. And who couldn’t use a little bit of that kind of comfort during a pandemic, when meeting face-to-face with living friends is dicey business? So, without more ado, here are some lists that list “best of” series in various genres.
Let’s start with a little ROMANCE (since we are closing in on February):
- She Reads Romance Books lists The Best Romance Series to Binge Read (I’ve read very few romances but will admit I’m rather fascinated by the mention of a series featuring a family of “bearded men of Tennessee.” Who would've guessed you could make a series based on bearded men???)
- Bookriot offers 19 of the Best Romance Book Series for Adult Readers
- Goodreads gets into the act with Listopia’s Best Adult Romance Series
- Bookbub lists 13 of the Best Mystery Series to Read Right Now
- Back we go to Bookriot, for 16 Mystery Book Series that Keep the Twists Coming
- Bustle bustles in with 13 Addictive Mystery Series that Will Pull You In & Never Let Go
And let's not forget the kids!
Kids looooove series. I have fond memories of taking my two to the local library and having them tote home stacks books from the Magic Treehouse and Captain Underpants series (among others). Here are some lists if your littles (or "grand-littles") are running low on their favorites.
- Reedsy swaggers in with a “mega-guide” of 100 Best Fantasy Series Ever
- Fantasy Book Review isn’t too far behind with The Best Fantasy Book Series
- Best Science Fiction Books offers up The Top 25 Science Fiction That’s a Series (If you check out the sidebar on this page, you’ll see they have MANY more “Best SF” lists, including Best SF by Women, Best SF Graphic Novels, Best Kids’ Science Fiction, etc.)
|Ann Parker authors the award-winning Silver Rush historical mystery series published by Poisoned Pen Press, an imprint of Sourcebooks. During the day, she wrangles words for a living as a science editor/writer and marketing communications specialist (which is basically a fancy term for "editor/writer"). Her midnight hours are devoted to scribbling fiction. Visit AnnParker.net for more information.|