Skip to main content

The April Fool

Rider-Waite Tarot
Am I the only Aprilian morosoph here? Probably not, but my reasons are likely crazier than most.  Once again I’ve decided to participate in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. With more than 1,300 other bloggers, I’ll be posting daily on topics following the alphabet from day-to-day. You can see what I have to say starting tomorrow at my News From Nowhere blog.

Blogging that much and that often is intense, but I decided to add to the craziness by also joining Camp NaNoWriMo for another 50,000 word novel-writing challenge. A few of my friends in the Colorado Writers and Publishers group on Facebook have a cabin at the Camp and we’ll all plow through together, insane fools that we are. Specifically, my posts will talk about the novel and how the writing is coming along.

In truth, all this writing is less about playing the fool than putting a stop to months of fooling around. I haven’t written anything serious since before Christmas, and as I was brainstorming topics for the A-Z Challenge, words like aging and dying seemed to hit home… hard. I’ll write more about those subjects and my feelings as well as how it’s going throughout the month, so bookmark my blog and come leave me some comments!  You can also follow along at Facebook and Twitter.

What about you, friends? Any interesting April writing projects on your desk? Do you find that winter coming to an end changes your focus? Are you more inclined to write, or are you suffering from spring fever as the days warm up? Do tell!

Dani Greer is founding member of the Blood-Red Pencil. She's smiling now, but wait until the end of April!

Comments

  1. Good luck with your April goals, Dani. I'm tired just thinking about what you have planned. LOL I will be taking most of April off as I have trips planned, and one of them is going to be a much needed vacation.

    I do find it hard to stay in my office in the spring. I was out for my walk this morning and noticed all the little gardening chores I could do instead of coming in to work. However, I do have two books to finish this year, so I need to get cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I could do 26 days straight of blogging unless they were short shorts. There is something to be said for writing something everyday. It takes a couple of weeks for a habit to stick, and very little time to break one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, whoa, Dani ... MOROSOPH? Even my Apple dictionary declined to define that one. As to the writing thing ... well, let's just say I'm a little less ambitious than you ... if you were a microwave ... I'd be more like a crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very ambitious, Dani! I can't do blogs every day or I'd never get anything else done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, Dani, you possess a lot more writing energy than I seem to be able to generate. Still, the onset of spring brings renewal and hope, so I'll no doubt be inspired to follow at least a portion of your good example and get going again on my works in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you the best. I did my first NaNo last November, and it just doesn't work for my writing process. I'm back to my spreadsheet and daily word counts. (But I did get that NaNo book to my editor this month). I enjoy being able to get outside and walk through the neighborhood. I do a lot of 'head writing' there. I've never done the A-Z challenge, either, because it would mean totally reworking my normal blogging schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Blood-Red Pencil is a blog focusing on editing and writing advice. If a glitch is preventing you from commenting, visit our Facebook page and drop your wise words there: Blood-Red Pencil on Facebook