12. Without even trying, I can write really, really poorly.
11. Liquids and computer keyboards do not mix.
10. For every five minutes I spend tapping away on the keyboard, I'll have spent an equal amount of time staring at the screen.
9. Fear often disguises itself as writer's block.
8. If they had a third hand, many writers would use it to hold chocolate.
7. Resist the siren call emanating from the delete key. 'Cut and paste' will prove to be a far better friend.
6. Mistakes are easier to catch if I read my work out loud. Judgmental facial expressions add to the merriment.
5. I may not be as good as I'd like to be, but I'm not as bad as I could be either.
4. Don't look to the cat for approval. It will not be forthcoming.
3. I can type wearing the ugly clothes. However, it is prudent to remember to change before going out into the world.
2. As a deadline nears, my need to do housework increases.
1. It's much easier to write about writing than it is to actually write.
Elspeth Antonelli is an author and playwright. Her latest mystery game, "A Fatal Fairy Tale" was published in February. Her next game "Curiouser and Curiouser" will be published this month. All her murder mystery games and two plays are available through host-party.com. She has also contributed articles to the European writers' magazine Elias. Her blog, It's A Mystery, explores the writing process with a touch of humor. She is on Twitter as @elspethwrites