2. My cat is old. His ways of dealing with the younger new-to-us cats is resigned acceptance. You can almost hear him muttering “Youths….”. He’d roll his eyes if he could. I feel sure of this.
3. The resolution to eat healthier is an old one for many of us. I approach it in a new way by defining ‘healthier’ as ‘happier’. Hey. My house, my rules.
4. Many resolve to eat one new food a day. I did this; I tried chocolate-dipped red liquorice. Don’t judge, it was a gift. And…resolution successful.
5. The other old resolution is to exercise more. My new take is to concentrate on the ‘more’. Remember, one more step is more. Resolution successful.
6. I have a constant old problem with procrastination. This year I’m trying a new approach, which I’ll write down soon.
7. I had an old flip-style cell phone. I now have a new smart phone. However, I only use it for actually phoning and texting people. It’s my own small rebellion against this idea that everyone should be able to get in touch with everyone at every moment. I say NO.
On a slightly more serious note…
8. Theatre is an ancient art. Go see a new play. (says the actor and playwright).
9. Most authors are aware of the old saying ‘there are no new plots’ but the world hasn’t yet read your take on whatever plot you’re knitting. Be bold. Finish your book and let them.
10. What’s new? President #44*. What’s old? Wall-building. ‘Nuff said.
*44 because even though Grover Cleveland got elected once, then lost, and then got elected again, he’s the same guy. No two numbers for him.
|Elspeth Futcher is a bestselling author of murder mystery games and playwright. She has been the top selling author at host-party.com since 2011. Her British games are published by Red Herring Games in the UK. Elspeth's 'writing sheep' are a continuing feature in the European writers' magazine Elias and also appear on this blog from time to time. Connect with her on Twitter at @elspethwrites or on Facebook at Elspeth Futcher, Author.|